- IRDAI is working with Govt to develop a simple KYC platform. IRDAI Chairman spoke of simplicity of Aadhar though clearing that it is not must for insurance KYC
- GIC Re has filed for IPO. This IPO can be worth more than $ 1 Billion and can provide significant capital raise for the govt.
- 22nd August may see nearly a million bank employees going on strike to oppose privatization of public sector banks
- The Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) today put off the hearing on Sahara Life’s petition against IRDAI’s order to sell its business to ICICI Prudential Life to August 10
- Bank of India plans to raise up to Rs. 626 crore through the sale of its stake — fully or partly — in a non-banking finance company STCI Finance Ltd (STCIFL).
- More than a million PAN were deactivated by Govt after being identified as duplicates
- PNB has deployed biometric attendance system at its branches/ offices to mark & register attendance. The same has been integrated with HRMS
- While skeptics of crypto currency consider it as a prime case for another dot com bubble, supporters of bitcoin think it is too early stage and things may turn much better. The discussion was initiated post a general alarm raised by Oaktrees Howard Marks
- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) on Monday said a software error was behind most of the roughly 53,700 times it allegedly broke anti-money laundering law, in a case that could see the country’s biggest lender fined several billion dollars.
- China’s banking regulator has extended by two months a June deadline for banks to submit risk assessments over concerns it was putting strain on the lenders, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said