- RBI DG B.P Kanungo believes that fintechs will have better & smarter outcomes if they collaborate with banks rather than just living in isolation
- Fincare Small Finance Bank (previously known as Disha Microfin Limited) on Friday kick-started its banking operations with about 25 operational branches across Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
- In an article “Financial Inclusion in Rising India”, Minster of State for Finance and Corporate affairs have explained that financial inclusion is much beyond banking and needs to extend to other form of financial products & services
- The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), an arm of the Reserve Bank of India, is developing a model platform for blockchain technology.
Rest of World
- Creepy use of technology at corporates. Global banks are putting sensors in their employees’ desk to man usage, also software to track usage of computers etc